that jewelry must be repaired from time to time. Did you know if you wear a ring full time for 12 years of wearing and you haven't had it repaired in all that time you are going to shock your jewler? Did you know that your ring may have gone up in value in the past 12 years? Do you know how much it costs to repair a ring?
My answer: No. All the way around with a final I had no idea.
Recalling what my ring looked like when I sent it in for repairs and what it looked like when I first received it, I'm amazed that it hadn't cracked before now. It's even been cut off once... by MMs orthopedic PA (I'm still grateful for TOCs services all those years ago!).
I have to wait another 10 days before I'll get it back, what do I wear in the mean time? I have no idea... It's driving me batty. But for now you can look at your wedding ring or other jewelry and be thankful for it and perhaps consider getting it repaired... It's much better than the alternative of loosing the stones, which is what nearly happened to me.
For a final did you know: Did you know that a stomach bug is really irritating, inconvenient and icky? That one, I did know.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
hey spetember to remember participant!
will you be here on thursday @ 9:30 for blackberry grits and hot tea?
email me leamarshall@mac.com for directions!
Hope to see you Thursday!
A couple of years ago I had to have the prongs on my ring 'tipped'. It's amazing how the tips wear down to nothingness. It cost me $85 to have 3 or 4 of the tips done. He did it in a few hours...so I just shopped at the mall until it was done...thus, not going out of my mind feeling nekked without my ring!
Our wedding bands were etched with vines...my still shows the vines...Mr. Fix-It's is smooth. I didn't know that would happen when we bought them!
Oh boy. I'd love to be there Thursday, but alas, I'm not allowed. Having been "absent" Monday, has left me behind for the rest of the week.
However, I expect my bowl to be heartily consumed by Meg. I need a report from you, Meg. (Hey, is that like tagging someone?)
Thanks for counting me in, though.
Post a Comment